It must have taken her a long time to compile all of this, in those ancient times before there was a computer on every desk. I would consider just typing it up a considerable feat. Yes, it's frustrating that she left off the maiden names of the Mrs. Martins, and that she didn't post the actual dates of death. She left a fascinating puzzle, one I am still working on.
From my grandmother, I received a legacy of papers. I've spent years deciphering them.
Monday, March 19, 2018
Anna Louise Martin 1879-1959
Anna Louise Martin was the daughter of Melville H. Martin, and my first cousin once removed. In 1899, she married Gerald Ward. In 1919, they owned a hardware store in Jamestown. They had no children, and two elderly relatives were living with them. I don't know whether it was the lack of children or the presence of elderly relatives that inspired Anna Louise to make up this chart of the living and dead descendants of Henry Martin and Anna Fenton, her grandparents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment